Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sock It To Kent



Another Very Pink Knits Staci Perry tutorial and pattern. http://verypink.com/2014/10/29/bulky-sleep-socks-tutorial/


My first attempt at socks, toe up, on DPNs. I had an awful time with the short rows and picking up of wraps. I ended up following Staci’s German Short Rows socks, and it was much easier. I also made liberal use of stitch markers to be sure when I was supposed to be working more than one stitch. All in all, a good experience. I ended up using most of a ball of the gray, and about 1 1/2 balls of the multi. The First Love yarn was very pleasant to touch. but it broke and split easily. They are very comfortable, according to my husband.

The yarn is from Hobby Lobby, called Yarn Bee First Love. I don't like HL as a company, but they have some unique yarns that I want to use, so I grit my teeth and buy. This is a bulky, 100% polyester that comes in several different, mostly feminine, stripes, and also in solid gray and solid black.

No comments:

Post a Comment