Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Charity Knitting 2016 through May

I belong to several different groups that do charity knitting and crochet.

First off, is the prayer shawl group at my church, Living Water Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Parkville, MO.

I don't have any recent pictures. I finished a prayer shawl made from Lion Brand Homespun in brown, similar to the one I made for Blanche in gray.

The Sunflower Knitters Guild does several things throughout the year. For the first half of 2016, we're doing red scarves for the Muriel Kauffman Women's Heart Center at St Luke's Hospital. Every patient is going to receive a care package that includes a hand-knitted or crocheted scarf. I have done two so far. The prettiest is this one: It's based on a Lion Brand pattern called the Diva Scarf. I made it with fewer stitches to make it more narrow, and the pattern is for multiple colors where I just used the bright red soft acrylic from Universal Yarn's Deborah Norville Everyday Worsted.



I also made another one with Jo-Ann Fabrics Big Twist Bulky, but I didn't take a picture. It's the Yarn Harlot One Row Scarf pattern from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, who was the featured speaker at the Guild's Knitting in the Heartland conference a few weeks ago. This picture is one I had in progress that I made for Kasia from some lovely alpaca.




The American Heart Association had a Little Hats, Big Hearts project that also used red yarn. During the month of February, they gave a red hand-knit hat to every baby born in participating hospitals during the month of February. Here are my contributions.


I also knit chemo hats for cancer patients for Sunflower Headhuggers, but I don't have any new ones to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment