Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Day of Fun and Fiber Part I The Scarf

Hi, blog. It's been forever. Plenty of projects have come and gone since my last post, and someday I might update it to include them.

For now, I would like to tell you about working on a project with my friends in the Knit and Crochet in the Northland Facebook group. The monthly Saturday meeting was held at Luna Coffee House in North Kansas City. Barbara, Elizabeth, Courtney, and I had a good couple of hours doing our needlework and chatting. I worked on this project. There are some white life lines stuck through it. You know how I am about those.

This is a very simple pattern that is available on Ravelry. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mobius-inside-out-cowl

I'm making it for my lovely daughter-in-law, who isn't much into scarves, but consented to trying this one out. It's basically this: Grab a ball of Plymouth brand Eros yarn. Cast 30 stitches on to a size 15 or 17 needle, and knit until it's all gone. Then join the ends. I might not join the ends, it just depends on what she prefers.

I purchased several balls of this cool novelty yarn at $1 each from The Studio. It's a lightweight nylon that consists of little square patches and spaces inside sort of a railroad track or ladder. It comes in 165-yard balls, and I have two each of five colors. Plymouth has discontinued this particular yarn and replaced it with Eros II. I don't know what the differences are, but I'll probably find out someday.



I have started this several times on bus rides, and I kept either having my needle fall completely out of the stitches or fighting the joint in my circular needles going from skinny cable to fat, heavy, slippery, wood needle tips. I finally decided that my beloved Knitter's Pride Dreamz wooden tips just wouldn't do, so I ordered a set of three jumbo plastic Trendz tips.



This made all the difference. They're just grabby enough to keep the slippery Eros from sliding off. They're lighter than the wood, so they're less likely to just drop out of the work. Surprisingly, they solved my problem of getting stitches to slide onto the tips from the cable, too. It doesn't make sense, but I'm not going to knock it. I may actually finish this someday.

Then I went home and watched the playoff game with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment