Pages

Monday, September 12, 2016

StevenBe Eyelet Ponchini and the Broken Foot




I began this ponchini at a StevenBe workshop on 07/09/16 at Yarn Shop and More in Overland Park, Kansas. I had 5 balls of Shibui Linen in the house. I purchased one hank of Blue Rayon metallic in Mossy Place at the workshop.
I was less than halfway through when I measured the Rayon Metallic and decided I had less than half of the yarn left. I decided to decrease the rayon : linen ratio and eventually have all linen at the end.
I used the full 550 yards of rayon and 1,050 of the linen. The pattern calls for 10 stockinette panels for an extra large. Mine is 12 panels long. Here is the pattern link http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/eyelet-ponchini 

The cast on part of the panels is the rayon and the linen held together throughout.
When I had to start conserving the rayon, I switched to this scheme, making changes with each stockinette panel.
6 rows rayon/linen to 2 rows linen doubled
4 rows rayon/linen to 2 rows linen doubled
2 rows rayon/linen to 2 rows linen doubled
2 rows rayon/linen to 4 rows linen doubled
2 rows rayon/linen to 6 rows linen doubled
Solid linen for last panel.


This picture shows what I hoped would be a gradient, but ended up as stripes.

In the middle of binding it off, I made a mad dash to the bathroom and severely stubbed and cut my toe in the process by kicking the end of a door HARD. After a middle-of-the-night emergency room visit, I received a diagnosis of a broken foot bone and a stylish unflexible protective shoe.



I finished it again later that morning. I discovered I had dropped a stitch in the very first part of the bind-off, so I had to frog it back about 12 rows and refinish it.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

1 comment:

  1. Your poncho is beautiful...sorry to hear about your foot :(

    ReplyDelete