Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

The learning continues.

I made this practice cloth to see how I would handle an actual pattern requiring certain things to happen in certain rows. This is the one I have previously posted about, where the pattern eventually ends up with diamonds in the middle. In another of my baby steps, I decided to do one with just the seed stitch border, and make the entire middle where the diamonds will go into stockinette.

Both times I took this project to knit group meetings, I ended up ripping out everything I did there or shortly thereafter. It wasn't any big deal, since I had lifelines inserted.

I was pretty happy with the way it turned out, and I will take the next step and do the diamonds soon. I have some pretty yellow yarn, since this multicolor stuff doesn't really lend itself to highlighting little bumps here and there.

I wanted to make something round and experiment with circular needles. I ordered a sampler pack of three different Knitter's Pride styles and sizes, and it came with two different-length cables. Kent and I went to the store, where he chose some yarn, and I got it started. My next post will be about the hat and the disaster. Hint: Cable detachment is involved. I tried to get it back in order last night, but three attempts failed, so the 4" or so of hat that I had knitted are now back in a ball.

We screw up, we learn. Kind of like life.

No comments:

Post a Comment